Sales Development Associate
We are looking for an exceptionally organised, relationship-focused talent to help us strengthen the sales function within our brilliant company. Working closely with the Head of Sales and our Key Account Managers, you will play a key role in helping us win and manage new business, ensuring that new leads are qualified and followed up, and that the administrative aspects of our sales work are managed brilliantly.
You could apply for this role from a range of professional backgrounds. You could be an experienced administrator looking to use your skills in a different context. Or you could be a junior sales representative looking to take your experience to the next level in an environment where your talent can be nurtured alongside seasoned professionals.
Either way, our perfect candidate will be exceptionally organised with an eye for detail and an ear for a good opportunity. Motivated by getting great outcomes and providing a fantastic service for your team, you will be an effective communicator who enjoys working well with others. As well as being able to flawlessly execute a range of administrative tasks in line with how we currently operate, you will also be confident making recommendations for how we can improve our systems and processes, and able to implement these.
In return we can offer the chance to be part of a rapidly growing company with exceptional learning opportunities and exciting prospects for personal and professional development.
About the Company
Aeguana has recently joined the Boostbar group. Boostbar is reinventing breaks in the workplace. We offer everything from excellent coffee to tasty meals to simple snacks and drinks. We are the fastest growing F&B start-up with big plans for the future: with our help, our vision is that every employer in Europe is able to provide their employees with healthy, delicious breaks.
Aeguana is an award-winning automated retail technology (think vending!) Our technology enables us to deliver high levels of customisation to vend a variety of items and engage customers at point of sale in unique ways. We share a passion for doing what others say can’t be done, blending engineering, industrial design and digital technology and constantly innovating to develop amazing products for our clients. We understand that every brand is different, and work closely with each client to ultimately engage their customers, through automated retail solutions, and in-store retail concepts. Our high profile clients include vending operators, retailers, hotel chains and leading brands.
As our Sales Development Associate, you will play a crucial role in making sure our sales operation functions effectively.
On the sales side, you will play a key role in helping us win new business. You will be trusted to manage and assess inbound calls and emails from potential customers, qualifying new leads and ensuring these are followed up. You will also support our Key Account Managers to prepare presentations / pitches, and help coordinate senior engagement with these accounts.
On the administrative side, you will be responsible for ensuring that new and recurring revenue reaches our bank account! From billing and invoicing to chasing purchase orders to setting up new quotes and preparing contracts, you will ensure our processes work seamlessly to support the sales team’s work.
- Follow up on ‘first line’ inbound enquiries from potential clients. You will respond quickly to enquiries received by phone, email, contact forms and social media, explaining what we do and how we do it, communicating product and pricing information clearly and professionally, taking detailed notes on requirements, filtering out unqualified calls, ensuring that legitimate enquiries are logged and – working closely with Key Account Managers - responded to in a timely way, with follow up where necessary.
- Support Key Account Managers to assess potential clients' needs, and - working closely with our product development and engineering teams - recommend technically appropriate solutions. Support could include preparing and eventually leading sales pitches, organising product demonstrations, and coordinating senior input into account management by organising meetings, preparing agendas and presentations, taking notes and ensuring follow up actions are communicated.
- Play a key role in negotiating the finer points of sales deals, including communicating pricing options within pre-agreed parameters, and in preparing contracts / service agreements once negotiations are complete.
- Manage the entire administrative side of our sales operation. This will include – but may not be limited to – preparing customer quotes, client invoicing, billing for use of VendLive (our interactive software platform which helps clients optimise machine performance and revenue generation), chasing down / reviewing purchase orders, other back office sales support.
- Review our existing processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Effective use of in-house Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, ensuring details for clients and prospects are kept up to date, and effectively managing follow up actions
- Collect, evaluate and act on client feedback and provide after-sales service.
- Take responsibility for becoming an expert in our product suite and act as an exceptional ambassador for our company
- Exceptional people skills – passionate about serving clients by identifying and understanding their needs, and able to work confidently and professionally with colleagues at all levels. You will be knowledgeable, approachable, articulate, and able to communicate calmly and clearly under pressure.
- Prior administrative experience – you will be very organised, with at least 2+ years experience in managing administrative tasks and functions in any setting.
- Results-driven, detail and solution-oriented team player who is motivated by the success of the whole team. Proven ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Gmail
- Willingness / ability to travel as needed
- Prior sales experience
- Prior experience managing administrative financial, commercial and / or legal tasks such as invoicing, quote preparation and contract negotiation
- Prior experience in a small company
- Prior experience working in a tech focused company
- Full UK driving licence
We are more interested in your attitude and experience than your academic profile, and welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Location: Woolwich, East London.
What else is on offer?
- Attractive remuneration and bonus scheme
- Private health insurance, subject to successful completion of probation (6 months)
- Free fruit, snacks and discounted in-office healthy meals (and some less healthy ones!)
- Exceptional learning opportunities. You will be part of a fast growing scale-up with a dynamic team, with the opportunity to learn from a highly talented group of people.
- The opportunity to travel internationally on a regular basis
- On-site parking